Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lots and lots of corn...

Well, it's official! Nebraska actually exists...who knew?

So far, I've been to a "super" county fair (that's what it was called!) that had a duck race AND a pig race, I've played midwest yard-games, and I've seen multiple signs for "designated snow routes"...I'm definitely not in Hilton Head anymore. And did I mention corn? There's LOTS of corn, too.

But there's definitely much more than the standard stereotypes. UNL is overall a pretty phenomenal place. The Newman Center on campus is awesome and the priests here to serve the students are absolutely incredible. I feel so blest to be where there is such rock-solid spiritual leadership!

The freshmen will be arriving this weekend, and we are doing a lot of prep for their coming to campus! We'll be hosting several events for them, and will also be present at numerous events held by the university. All of our outreaches will be put on with the help of upper classmen who have already become involved with FOCUS in years past and have the desire to pass what they have learned about their Faith onto their peers.

We've also had a lot of time as a team this past week, which has been really great. Without a doubt, I'm serving here with some truly outstanding missionaries, and I know I will be learning SO MUCH from them. God knew that I needed good teachers to help me in this ministry, and in His incredible generosity He has definitely given me some of the best.

Well, there will be a lot more to talk about after this first week of Fall Outreach. PLEASE be praying that God will prepare the hearts of the students we will be meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment